Last change: January 1, 2021>
VIVA cares about your privacy. For this reason, we collect and use personal data only as it might be needed for us to deliver to you our software, products, services, websites and mobile applications (collectively, our “Services”). Your personal data includes information such as:
- Personal data (Name, Title, Date of birth, etc.)
- Contact data (Company nname, postal address, country, Telephone numbers, EMail adresses, IP- and Mac-Adresses, Adress data in social media etc.)
- Contract information Contract information, invoicing and payment data, invoices, credit notes, reminders, tax data/numbers, bank details, Lieferantendaten, accounts receivable and accounts payable, Creditor ID according to SEPA, contact names, etc.
- Marketing and Support information (Product or contractual interest, customer history, support requests, information on entitlement to special conditions (e.g. EDU editions)
- Application used (name, serial number, program version, lizense information, operating system, system language, program language, Browser version, etc.)
- Information about the hardware and software of the device on which the service is used, or from which the service is accessed (monitor resolution, processors, RAM, hardware interfaces, dongles, etc.
- Information about the access through which the service is used, or from which the service or application is accessed (band width, end device, continent, country, town/city, Domain, group membership, network Mac adresses, IP adresses, login data, online status, etc.
- Information about the activities as well as creation, deletion and usage of documents, folders, links, tasks, invitations, statuses, surveys, roles and access rights on Internet services such as VivaCloud (document name, date and duration of usage, file and folder operations, content when entering forms, etc.)
- Information and data voluntarily submitted to us (information and data for support requests, technical support, quotation requests.
We collect information so that we can provide the best possible experience when you utilize our Services. Much of what you likely consider personal data is collected directly from you when you:
- create an account or purchase any of our Services (e.g. billing information, including name, address, credit card number, identification);
- request support/information from our sales and customer support team (e.g. address, phone number);
- complete contact forms or request newsletters or other information from us (e.g. email); or
- participate in contests and surveys, apply for a job, or otherwise participate in activities we promote that might require information about you.
However, we also collect additional information when supplying and delivering our Services to you to ensure necessary and optimal performance. These methods of collection may not be as obvious to you, so we wanted to highlight and explain below a bit more about what these might be (as they vary from time to time) and how they work:
Account related information is collected in association with your use of our Services, such as account number, credit card details, purchases, usage, when products renew or expire, information requests, and customer service requests and notes or details explaining what you asked for and how we responded.
Cookies and similar technologies on our website and our mobile applications allow us to track your browsing behavior, links clicked, items purchased, your device type, and to collect various data, including analytics, and find out how you use and interact with our Services. This allows us to provide you with more relevant product offers, a better usage of our website and mobile applications, and to collect, analyze and improve the performance of our Services. We may also collect your location (IP address) so that we can personalize our Services. For additional information, and to learn how to manage the technologies we utilize, please read the special section “Usage of cookies, scripts and counting pixels“.
Data about usage of Services is automatically collected when you use and interact with our Services, including metadata, log files, cookie/device IDs and location information. This information includes specific data about your interactions with the features, content and links (including those of third-parties, such as social media plugins) contained within the Services, Internet Protocol (IP) address, browser type and settings, the date and time the Services were used, information about browser configuration and plugins, language preferences and cookie data, information about devices accessing or using the Services, including the type of device, which operating system is used, device settings, application IDs, unique device identifiers and error data, and some of this data collected might be capable of and be used to approximate your location.
Supplemented Data may be received about you from other sources, including publicly available databases or third parties from whom we have purchased data, in which case we may combine this data with information we already have about you so that we can update, expand and analyze the accuracy of our records, identify new customers, and provide products and services that may be of interest to you. If you provide us personal information about others, or if others give us your information, we will only use that information for the specific reason for which it was provided to us.How we utilize information The information we collect will be both minimized and used only for the purpose for which we have been granted or required for the delivery / provision of the Services you purchased/used or with which you interact, or for compliance with laws or other legitimate purposes is required or permitted. This usage includes:
Delivering, improving, updating and enhancing the Services we provide to you.
We collect various information relating to your purchase, usage and/or interactions with our Services. We utilize this information to:
- Improve and optimize the operation and performance of our Services (programs, websites and mobile applications)
- Diagnose problems and identify any security risks, errors, or necessary enhancements to the Services
- Detect and prevent fraud and abuse of our Services
- Collection of aggregated statistics on the use of Services.
- Analysis of how you use our Services and which Services are most relevant to you.
Often, much of the data collected is aggregated or statistical data about how our Services are used, and is not linked to any personal data, but to the extent it is itself personal data, or is linked or linkable to personal data, we treat it accordingly.Sharing with trusted third parties
We do not sell or trade your personal information to outside parties!
We do not sell or trade your personal information to outside parties. We may share your personal data with affiliated companies within our corporate family, with third parties with which we have partnered to allow you to integrate their services into our own Services, and with trusted third party service providers as necessary for them to perform services on our behalf, such as:
- Processing credit card payments
- Conducting contests or surveys
- Demographic analysis of our Services and customers
- Communicating with you, such as email or survey
- Customer relationship management
We only share your personal data as necessary for any third party to provide the services as requested or as needed on our behalf. These third parties (and any subcontractors) are subject to strict data processing terms and conditions and are prohibited from utilizing, sharing or retaining your personal data for any purpose other than as they have been specifically contracted for (or without your consent).Communicating with you
We may contact you directly or through a third party service provider regarding Services which you use or purchased from us, or for which you have signed up, such as is necessary to deliver transactional or service related communications. We may also contact you with offers for additional services we think you’ll find valuable if you give us consent, or where allowed based upon legitimate interests. You don’t need to provide consent as a condition to purchase our goods or services. These contacts may include:
- Email address
- Text messages (SMS)
- Telephone calls
- Automated phone calls or text messages
You may also update your preferences with respect to receiving communications from us and/or our partners by signing into your account and visiting the appropriate Service.
If you make use of a service that allows you to import contacts (ex. using email marketing services to send emails on your behalf), we will only use the contacts and any other personal information for the requested service. If you believe that anyone has provided us with your personal information and you would like to request that it be removed from our database, please contact us using our contact form.
To the extent we are legally permitted to do so, we will take reasonable steps to notify you in the event that we are required to provide your personal information to third parties as part of legal process.Website Analysis
We use several web analytics tools provided by service partners such as Google Analytics, to collect information about how you interact with our website or mobile applications, including what pages you visit, what site you visited prior to visiting our website, how much time you spend on each page, what operating system and web browser you use and network and IP information. We use the information provided by these tools to improve our Services. These tools place persistent cookies in your browser to identify you as a unique user the next time you visit our website. Each cookie cannot be used by anyone other than the service provider (e.g. Google for Google Analytics). The information collected from the cookie may be transmitted to and stored by these service partners on servers in a country other than the country in which you reside. Though information collected does not include personal data such as name, address, billing information, etc., the information collected is used and shared by these service providers in accordance with their individual privacy policies. You can control the technologies we use. Please refer to the special section “Usage of cookies, scripts and counting pixels“ and „Using Google Analytics“.Targeted advertising
Targeted ads or interest-based offers may be presented to you based on your activities on our webpages, and other websites, and based on the Services you currently own and/or use. These offers will be displayed as varying product banners presented to you while browsing or working with our products/Services. We may also partner with third parties to manage our advertising on other websites. Our third party partners may use technologies such as cookies to gather information about such activities in order to provide you with advertising based upon your browsing activities and interests, and to measure advertising effectiveness.Third-party websites
To easily access, view, update, delete or port your personal data (where available), or to update your subscription preferences, please sign into your Account for the appropriate Service and choose “Account Settings.” If you make a request to delete your personal data and that data is necessary for the products or services you use or have purchased, the request will be honored only to the extent it is no longer necessary for any Services purchased or required for our legitimate business purposes or legal or contractual record keeping requirements.
If you are unable for any reason to access your Account Settings or our Privacy Center, you may also contact us by one of the methods described in the „Contact Us“ & rdquo; section below.How we secure, store and retain your data
We follow generally accepted standards to store and protect the personal data we collect, both during transmission and once received and stored, including utilization of encryption where appropriate.
We retain personal data only for as long as necessary to provide the Services you have requested and thereafter for a variety of legitimate legal or business purposes. These might include retention periods: mandated by law, contract or similar obligations applicable to our business operations; for preserving, resolving, defending or enforcing our legal/contractual rights; or needed to maintain adequate and accurate business and financial records.
If you have any questions about the security or retention of your personal data, you can contact us using the contact form.‘Do Not Track’ notifications
Some browsers allow you to automatically notify websites you visit not to track you using a “Do Not Track” signal. There is no consensus among industry participants as to what “Do Not Track” means in this context. Like many websites and online services, we currently do not alter our practices when we receive a “Do Not Track” signal from a visitor’s browser. To find out more about “Do Not Track”, you may wish to visit www.allaboutdnt.com.Age restrictions
If you are a resident of the European Economic Area (EEA) and believe we maintain your personal data subject to the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), you may direct questions or complaints to the supervisory authority.
We will respond to all requests, inquiries or concerns within the legal obligations, at the latest within thirty (30) days.Name and address of the company responsible for processing The company responsible within the meaning of the General Data Protection Regulation, other data protection laws in the Member States of the European Union and other provisions of a data protection character is:
VIVA Vertrieb GmbH Züchner Str. 6-8 56070 Koblenz Germany Tel.: +49 261 8842-660 E-Mail: Please use the contact form on the Website Website: www.viva.us[/tab_item] [/tab]